Georgia State continues to lead the nation in ensuring student success and introducing research innovation.
Our accolades are because of you – our committed and talented employees.
Please take some time this week to reflect on your contributions and reward yourself by participating in Employee Appreciation week fun!
- Offer kudos to a colleague, team, leader or department by clicking the link below and logging in with your campus ID and password.
- A copy of your entry will be sent to the recipient and posted on the 2022 Employee Appreciation SharePoint site.
- You can post messages from Monday, April 11 until Friday, April 15.
- Click button below to submit your kudos and/or thank you note.
We know that the past few years have been tough. Now is the time to invest or reinvest in your health and wellness and reclaim your sense of well-being. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the benefits Georgia State has to offer.
- Coaching – Contact Organization Development and Consulting at email@example.com for individual and team coaching.
- Employee Development and Wellness Services – Visit EDWS to learn more about worksite wellness, nutrition, fitness, health and mental health.
- Ombudsperson - Free conflict management assistance for students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- USG Well-being Reward Program – Enroll now for 2022 USG Well-being & earn up to $200 credit. Activities must be completed by September 30, 2022.
Walking is great physical exercise and spring offers the right temperature and vista (if not the ideal pollen count.)
Your EDWS (Employee Development and Wellness Services) is offering a plethora of opportunities this April:
- Move More Atlanta Campus Walk-N-Talk - April 5 at noon
- Virtual Walking Wednesday via WebEx - April 6 at noon
- Move More Decatur Campus Walk-N-Talk - April 20 at noon
- Move More Clarkston Campus Walk-N-Talk - April 29 at 10 a.m.
Join the Georgia State week-long Walking Steps Challenge – April 18 – 22
- Register with Virgin Pulse, USG’s Well-being provider. Enter “USG” for organization. Then follow the steps to create an account.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invite to register for the challenge between Tuesday, April 12 and Monday, April 18.
- Log into Virgin Pulse and accept the invitation for the Walking Steps Challenge.
- Download the Virgin Pulse mobile app to your smartphone to automatically track your steps or log your steps manually from a web browser. iOS users. Android users.
- Start moving!
Show your PantherID Card and enjoy FREE access to the Student Recreation Center.
- Locker rooms and showers.
- Aquatic center with lap pool, leisure pool, spa, sauna and outdoor patio.
- Exercise room with treadmills, ellipticals and weight equipment.
- Free weights with plate-loaded equipment.
- Jogging (or walking) indoor track.
- Racquetball Courts.
Visit recreation.gsu.edu to learn more and confirm hours of operation.
Georgia State seeks to support your professional development and career advancement. Explore the myriad of FREE learning opportunities available for staff and faculty employees.
- Advancement of Women – leadership programs that support the progress of women faculty, administrators and staff.
- Learning & Development (L&D) – online courses and certifications.
- LinkedIn Learning - an online library of business, software, technology and creative skills training.
- New York Times Subscription – Go to https://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/ and enter Georgia State University to create your free account.
- PantherTech - introductory technology and software workshops.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) – funding for up to 9 credit hours at 26 USG institutions.
- University Library – state of the art online and physical libraries on all campuses.
- Visit Piedmont North dining hall and pay only $5 for your meal. You can also collect a free reusable OZZI container ($5.00 value).
- Order Chick-fil-A online through the Transact Mobile Ordering app and receive a free cookie with your first purchase. Transact Mobile Ordering is available from the App Store or Google Play. Select Georgia State University. Sign in with your campus ID and password. Place your first order.
- Play vintage arcade games and receive a 25% discount at Panther’s Club.
Meals at PantherDining Halls are regularly $10 for employees.
Receive a 20% discount on Bookstore apparel, merchandise and supplies, excluding course material and technology during Employee Appreciation week. Other exclusions may apply.
To shop online, visit Georgia State Bookstore and enter the promo code: GSUapprec in the comments section at checkout.
Regular employee discount = 10%.
At the Rialto:
- Georgia State Percussion Ensemble - Tuesday, April 12.
- The Manhattan Transfer - Grammy award-winning jazz vocal group - April 30.
- Employees receive a 15% off discount with their PantherID. Must purchase in person at the box office or fax your ID to 404-413-9850.
- Visit rialto.gsu.edu.
By the College of the Arts
- Georgia State Master Singers Recital on Wednesday, April 13 at noon, in Florence Kopleff Recital Hall, 15 Gilmer Street SE. This noon-hour recital will be conducted by students in our Master of Music in Choral Conducting.
- Student Juried Exhibition on Thursday, April 14 and Friday, April 15 at the Ernest G. Welch School of Art and Design Galleries, 10 Peachtree Center Avenue SE. Established in 1970, the Welch Galleries are free and open to the public.
- Sign up for the Georgia State Recycling Center Tour April 13!
- A University for All – An online hub for Georgia state DEI events, programs, news, research, resources.
- Affinity Groups – Employees have also organized affinity groups around a range of common interests and issues, including GSUVETS (Veteran Employees United Through Military Services) and PRISM (Pride, Respect, Inclusion, Support Movement).
- Diversity Education – Training, coaching and coordination on cultural competency, inclusion and diversity can be found on the Diversity Education website.
The 2022 Service Recognition Awards Ceremony is on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. The ceremony recognizes faculty, staff and students "who exemplify a willingness to go the extra mile with good humor and perseverance." The ceremony also recognizes employees who have served Georgia State for at least five and up to fifty-five years!
- College of the Arts
- Georgia State University Athletics
- Georgia State University Bookstore
- Human Resources Administration
- Instructional Innovation and Technology
- Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- Rialto Center for the Arts
- Student Recreation Center
- The Staff Council
- University Advancement
- University Library