- FASA offers individual management consultation services to all those in supervisory roles who are having difficulties with an employee’s job performance. Training on constructive confrontations with employees and making supervisory referrals to FASA are held regularly.
- FASA also responds to individual or departmental crisis. If a critical incident such as a death, an accident, or a major illness, occurs, FASA is available upon notification for on-site debriefing and support.
- FASA offers training related to the well-being of faculty and staff, such as stress management and alcohol and drug awareness.
- Outplacement and career services are available through FASA. Managers may receive guidance about informing employees of outplacement decisions, and the FASA counselor is available to meet with departments or individuals to make them aware of university support for them. Individuals who receive notification that their positions are being eliminated are eligible for special support during the transition. All employees and their household members may receive career counseling through FASA.
- Relapse prevention services are available to all recovering employees or their family members. These include confidential referrals, recovery groups, and two-year follow up for those who have enough treatment.
Last Update: August 7, 2018