The Affirmative Action Plan(AAP) meets the requirements of 41 CFR Part 60-2, 60-250.5 or 60-741.5, in which a contractor annually details the steps it will take and has already taken, to ensure equal employment opportunity. The source of the Affirmative Action Plan is from Executive Order 11246, which requires any contractor with federal contracts more than $50,000 and more than 50 employees to establish a written Affirmative Action Plan.
Copies of the Affirmative Action Plan are available in the following locations: Opportunity Development and Diversity Education Planning Office, Pullen Library, Law Library, Office of the President, Office of the Provost, and the office of each Dean and Vice President.
Affirmative Action in a nutshell
- Analyzes the current workforce composition.
- Shows appropriate comparisons by race/sex, job categories, etc.
- Identifies persons in the labor force qualified to fill positions in employers’ workforce by job group.
- Identifies areas where the employer is under used by race/sex groups.
- Establishes written percentage and numerical goals aimed at eliminating the disparities.
- Names persons responsible for achieving the goals.
- Identifies barriers to employment and what actions the employer will take to eliminate such barriers.
8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
One Park Place
P.O. Box 3983
Atlanta, GA 30303