What is OneUSG?
OneUSG is a systemwide initiative to develop and implement a consistent approach to policies, procedures and technology solutions that benefit the University System of Georgia (USG), in an effort to reduce costs, streamline processes, and have uniform guidelines with centralized support. The first priority for the OneUSG initiative is to bring all institutions onto one system to manage USG human resources activities, benefits and compensation by 2020.
What is OneUSG Connect?
OneUSG Connect is an application that is intended to help an organization manage and maintain its workforce. The major components OneUSG Connect – payroll services, human resources management, time and attendance, and benefits administration – are unified and integrated into a single system.
Georgia State implemented OneUSG Connect on March 25, 2018. We replaced ADP at that time and all employees now use the system to record and submit time, absences and to access, review and update personal information including direct deposit, paystubs and benefits.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits for using OneUSG Connect:
- It’s easy to use and will automate current manual HR and benefits processes.
- It allows for Single Sign-On (SSO) using GSU credentials eliminating the need to remember a separate username and password.
- It can be used on mobile devices and will allow employees to submit and/or approve absences on the go.
- Eliminates current java issues with ADP time approval.
- It delivers faster and more efficient responses to handle issues or answer questions, which will be available through the USG Shared Service Center’s centralized support.