Welcome to Georgia State University. This page is dedicated to helping you understand what you need to do to be set up on the payroll system.
As a new employee, you must complete a new hire packet and I-9 verification before your first day of employment or it will delay your first paycheck, access to the university computer systems and university ID cards. You may submit forms up to 30 days before starting employment.
Note: The Department of Homeland Security requires the I-9 to be received within three days of starting employment.
New Hire Packet
Please complete the new hire packet that corresponds to your employment status (Faculty, Staff, etc.):
(Note: Mac Users: Do not use Preview to complete the New Hire Packets.
- Faculty: Fiscal (12-month) or Academic year (10-month) Faculty
- Staff: Benefits Eligible Staff and Post Doctorial Associates
- Part-Time Instructor: Temporary Faculty
- Graduate Assistant: Graduate Student research, teaching or lab assistants
- Temporary and Student: Temporary Exempt Staff, Temporary Non-Exempt Staff, Student Assistant, Work Study Student and Student Leader, Panther Works Assistant
- Rehired Retiree: Georgia State University Retirees
- Temporary to Staff: Current temporary staff changing to regular staff
- Student and Temp to Graduate Assistant: Current student or temporary employee changing to a Graduate Assistant
In order to complete your I-9 verification you will need to submit proof of your citizenship status to Payroll. To find out what documentation is accepted please select your citizenship status. Note that the Department of Homeland Security requires the I-9 to be received within three days of starting employment
Provisional Application Administration Process
The Provisional Employee application is only available for future employees who have an official requirement for an email address from Georgia State University prior to the beginning of their official employment date. The authorization to use the application is only available to a limited number of administrators in each college or business unit with the approval of a Dean or Vice President.
8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3982
Atlanta, GA 30302